Are you a Suzuki teacher looking to join an awesome team? Or looking to take your teacher training this summer? Join our teaching staff this fall! Please download the full job posting (.pdf) NOTE: Deadline extended to August 1st, 2015
Detroit Youth Volume seeks a dedicated Suzuki violin teacher for an innovative free program on Detroit’s eastside. We serve 24 youth of the Rosa Parks Youth Program from the Capuchin Soup Kitchen at 4390 Conner. Our mission is to nurture beautiful humanity and beautiful talent in Detroit youth through Suzuki violin.
The successful candidate will provide private lessons to four to eight students between four and eighteen years of age as well as teach group classes. Enthusiasm and commitment are essential as is an appreciation for the role of Suzuki music instruction as a vehicle for justice and equality.
In addition to teaching duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for administrative duties associated with operating a small and growing nonprofit. This includes fundraising, communications, and program development. Participation in recitals, fundraising events, and community events is expected, as well.
Please submit your resume as a pdf attachment, references, and a link to your teacher listing on the Suzuki Association of the Americas website to email@example.com by July 5, 2015. For more information on our program please visit: www.detroityouthvolume.org.
Preferred Applicant Qualifications
· An experienced Suzuki-trained teacher
· Justice oriented
· Committed to youth and the principles of talent education
· Able to commit to 5 hours/week of teaching commitment plus 1-2 hours/week of administrative support
· Both self-directed and able to work in a collaborative team
· Able to communicate well with students, parents, and funders
· Available for periodic meetings with staff, volunteers, and/or the board as needed
· Able to attend and trade off leading in concerts, fundraising events, and recitals
· Experience in nonprofit/grassroots fundraising is a plus