We're hiring a Resource Development & Fundraising Manager!
Detroit Youth Volume (DYV) is seeking a talented individual to become our Resource Development and Fundraising Manager. This is a brand new position created to increase the visibility, capacity, and sustainability of this growing organization. This person will manage the fundraising and donor outreach for DYV. Specific responsibilities and qualifications of the job are listed below.
This is a contracted position with a pay rate of $20 per hour for 20 hours per week, from November 5, 2018 through August 5, 2019, with possibility of extension dependent on performance. Pay rate and hours may be renegotiated after 6 months. The contract will be made with our fiscal sponsor, Allied Media Projects, on behalf of Detroit Youth Volume.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 12, 2018 at Midnight EST.
ABOUT THE RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND FUNDRAISING MANAGER ROLE
The Resource Development and Fundraising Manager will coordinate with the Director and Program Manager to realize DYV’s mission. Specifically, the Resource Development and Fundraising Manager will sustain and build DYV’s organizational capacity via sustaining and growing DYV’s grassroots donor base; building a community of large individual and/or corporate donors; conducting prospect research; submitting grant applications and reporting; working with the Director to grow and strengthen our Board of Directors; and planning and executing fundraising drives and events as necessary.
This person is self-directed, deadline-driven, extremely detail-oriented, and able to work in a collaborative environment with a broad range of partners. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. They are motivated by a passion for youth, music, education and/or social justice.
In addition to proven success with fundraising and budget management, some experience with or interest in graphic design is a plus.
- Maintain and expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operation by:
- Actively recruiting, engaging, and energizing DYV board members;
- Collaborating with DYV board members on fundraising and earned income strategies; AND
- Maintaining and expanding individual donor support and corporate and/or community partner funding (including helping to secure large individual donations and sustaining monthly donations).
- Manage donor solicitations and correspondence.
- Planning and implementing fundraising events as necessary, whether led by DYV or by supporting community partner-led and Board member-led events.
- Complete and submit prospect research, grant applications, and reports with consultation and support from AMP Development Associate, DYV Director and DYV Program & Administration Manager.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit with experience in raising funds from individual donor campaigns, grants, fundraising events, and earned-income strategies.
- Strong commitment to the philosophy of social change through arts education.
- Strong storyteller communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to inspire and engage donors, supporters and partners through the presentation of DYV’s mission of social change through music.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Highly organized and motivated to meet deadlines, effectively manage self and collaborate with others due to excellent leadership ability and empathetic interpersonal skills.
- College graduate with 2-3 years of experience fundraising in the nonprofit sector or a comparable record of work and volunteer experience.
- Ability to work and thrive in diverse communities and settings. Experience in Detroit or similar community strongly preferred.
- Optimism and tenacity in the face of challenging, high-pressure situations.
- Proficiency in use of, Mailchimp, and Google Sheets / Docs.
- Experience as a participant in arts education as a student, teacher, or administrator.