We're hiring a violin teacher!
Detroit Youth Volume (DYV) is seeking a talented individual to join our teaching team. This is a contracted position from October 1, 2018 through July 1, 2019, with possibility of extension depending on performance and the individual’s capacity. The contract will be made with our fiscal sponsor, Allied Media Projects, on behalf of Detroit Youth Volume. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and teaching video to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 17, 2018 at Midnight EST.
- At Detroit Symphony Orchestra education wing, teach up to 25 private lessons & 3 group classes per week dependent on your availability and needs of the organization.
- Teach October - June during the school year for a total of 30 weeks. Lessons begin between 2 and 4pm M-F and end around 6:30 or 7pm.
- Attend and prepare students for 3 major annual performances on weekend days.
- Option to lead 2-4 additional community performances annually, usually on weekends.
- Facilitate annual parent-teacher conferences inclusive of reports on your documentation of each child’s musical/human development and attendance.
- Manager the classroom and engage during special workshops with local artists.
- $20-25 per 30-minute lesson depending on experience
- $50 per 45-minute group class
- $50 per performance
- $25 per administrative meeting or training
- Minimum Suzuki teacher training Every Child Can & Book 1
- Experience with social justice pedagogies a plus
- Experience working with youth of various socioeconomic backgrounds a plus
- Connections with local musicians who could mentor our students a plus